Solutions for the construction industry are far reaching. More innovative solutions for the industry are being created all the time. Some solutions can get pretty pricey and with all the tools needed to compete today, it can add up. Keeping a budget on track shouldn't be harder than it needs to be. To give you a leg up on the competition, Ryvit has compiled a list of affordable tools in a few categories including timesheets, document management and project collaboration, that will help you save a little so you can spend elsewhere.<!--read_more-->
1. TSheets Time tracking made easy for you and your employees. This mobile app does more than just logging hours. You can set overtime alerts and it will keep track of vacation days, PTO, and approvals. A feature that makes it great for the construction industry is the uses of GPS location tracking. This app integrates with QuickBooks, makes payroll simple, and gives real-time reports. You can start with a three-day trial.
2. Trello Trello is a more visual project collaboration tool. You can drop any number of assets associated with a project into Trello to keep track of it all in one place. Your projects become boards. You can see, all in one place, what has been worked on, who is working on what, and where your project is in the process. Trello is free and easy to learn.
3. Office Lens Office Lens will take a picture of a whiteboard or other assets and make them readable and in a document form that can be converted to a PDF. This app enhances and trims the photos to make them readable assets. This can be a handy tool for brainstorming sessions. This is a free app, part of the Microsoft Office Suite and can sync with OneNote.
4. Jobsite unite This is more than project collaboration and could fall under the category of a workflow tool. It is strictly construction focused, which is great! It has really kept in mind what construction professionals need. You are able to create a construction profile for each project, communicate with a team or the entire jobsite, improve awareness and safety on the job, and deliver your projects on time and on budget. You can access this tool from anywhere and use the direct chat, photo, and check-in functions to stay on top of the project.
5. CamScanner This will turn your smartphone or tablet into a scanner. All of your devices can sync up and your scans can be shared. If your mobile banking app allows you to deposit checks with your smartphone, you already know how this app works. Store, share, annotate, and manage your documents all from this free app.
6. Asana Asana is an affordable list making tool that helps with project collaboration organization. Assign tasks to your team and they will check them off as they go. If a team member needs something from you, they can assign you a task to you or anyone else as well. Give these tasks due dates for added accountability and sync with your smartphone so you can check off and assign tasks from anywhere. These tasks can stand alone, for one-off requests, or be rolled into projects with bigger goals.
ST. LOUIS – June 30, 2016 – Ryvit ([url=https://ryvit.com]https://ryvit.com[/url]) today announced joining the Viewpoint Development Partner Program. The partnership formalizes the addition of Vista™ by Viewpoint to Ryvit’s iPaaS+™ platform economy of complementary software solutions. The integrations streamline exchanges between Vista and applications used by the construction industry for CRM, Time, Expense Management, and other point solution applications used by the Construction Industry.<!--read_more-->
As part of the Ryvit iPaaS+™ platform, Viewpoint will directly extend its integration offerings to include connection to more applications like ToolWatch, Concur, AmericanExpressCAR, Wright’sExpress, ConstantContact, TruQC, and Salesforce. Vista™ by Viewpoint – the industry leading construction and accounting software solution.
Viewpoint is a provider of innovative construction-specific software solutions to the global construction and capital project industries. Viewpoint provides the tools needed to improve project profitability and visibility, manage risk, and effectively collaborate with the entire project team. Vista is a fully integrated, scalable and comprehensive suite of software solutions that helps contractors manage all areas of operations. Solutions include Accounting/HR, Project Management, Project Collaboration, Mobile, Estimating, Content Management and Service Management, Vista scales easily and integrates with all key third-party software. This suite of applications is built on the award-winning Microsoft® .NET Framework using the SQL Server® database for timely reporting of critical data. “We are very pleased to form a strategic partnership with Viewpoint. By combining Viewpoint’s expertise in ERP, with Ryvit’s vision for the common subscriber’s application mix, we can define exciting new opportunities for data integration and data transformation. Partnering with Viewpoint is absolutely key for servicing our core focus area—the construction industry. Extending the customer’s Vista investment with integrations to leading point solutions can equate to millions of dollars in productivity savings each year for the industry. We have worked with our Ryvit architects, and we have come up with an incredible game-changing way to do business with the addition of Viewpoint Vista on our platform,” Maureen O’Neill, Ryvit Sales Channel Leader. The solution today for application vendors is iPaaS+TM, Integration Platform as a Service plus a whole lot more. Ryvit delivers modern integration for software vendors with an iPaaS+™ ecosystem of integrations and applications. Ryvit is not an SDK or toolkit. Ryvit develops and maintains integrations, taking the burden off the end-users and the software application companies. “Joining the Ryvit eco-system extends our capabilities to deliver choices to our customers who are using other industry applications to increase efficiencies and provide even better visibility into the data needed for improved decision making,” said Matt Harris, Senior VP of Product at Viewpoint. “Ryvit’s iPaaS+™ approach to integration for the construction industry advocates open and connected systems throughout the enterprise based on the preferences of the end user organization. There is a demand from users to be able to access, update and change data from their application of choice from any device. That demand extends to integrations with other construction point solution applications running on the desktop and in the field. We effectively remove the integration product development and lifecycle management workload for our partners,” said Tom Stemm, Ryvit CEO.
About Viewpoint Viewpoint is a provider of innovative construction-specific software solutions to the global construction and capital project industries. Viewpoint provides the tools these industries need to improve project profitability through better visibility, risk management and real-time team collaboration. Viewpoint solutions address the full construction life-cycle from planning/bidding to construction and facilities maintenance. Viewpoint’s solutions are offered on a variety of platforms, including Cloud, Mobile, SaaS and On Premises. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and with offices in the UK and Australia, Viewpoint has become the technology partner of choice, with customers located across the globe in more than 28 countries. These customers include more than 40 percent of the ENR 400, and over 20 percent of the ENR 600. For more information, please visit www.viewpoint.com.
About Ryvit Ryvit’s expertise lies squarely in the crossroads of the construction industry and software integration. Ryvit is a new fresh approach to integration for the construction software industry. Once we have access to an API, we can quickly develop and onboard our partners to the platform, who then can rapidly attach to any other application that makes sense. Ryvit enables connectivity and collaboration for software companies with other business critical applications without additional coding by software company developers or implementation teams. By doing the heavy lifting, Ryvit alleviates the burden of software integration development from construction companies and our partners. In early 2011, Tom Stemm our CEO, identified an opportunity in the market to deliver software development services in a new way to provide scale and interoperability among industry focused applications. As a recognized authority on innovative integration and development, he set the course for the Ryvit strategy. He paved the way for companies to acquire integration capabilities with economy of scale by launching a platform that ensures ease of entry and maximum participation for partners. Tom takes a serious and integral approach to integration, unlike most solutions on the market– we are not an SDK or a simple import/export tool–we build, implement, deliver, and manage the comprehensive integration platform required for meaningful efficiency gains and insightful analytics spanning best-in-class applications. For questions on the release or information about the Ryvit integration partner platform contact Ryvit. https://www.ryvit.com